Home » » Let's Hear it for the Boys

Let's Hear it for the Boys

I have a lot of male readers and I didn't want them to feel left out of the closet cleaning inspiration! The thing that I love best about the men's closets are how great all the shirts and jackets look lined up. Women's clothing tends to be all different styles and sizes and they never quite look this perfect! Enjoy!

I had the opportunity to see Steven Gambrel's closet in person last year and I can attest that it's pretty darn fabulous! He has shelves at the very top that hold his suitcases that would be a great idea to steal! The ceiling is also papered! So chic!

One of my all time favorite apartments belonged to interior designer Todd Romano and his closet is very well organized. He just sold this apartment so I can't wait to see what the new one looks like!

This bespoke looking closet belongs to fashion designer Ralph Lauren. I think I see his signature denim hanging in it too!

I also got to see the dressing room belonging to David Jimenez when I stayed at his house in Kansas City and it too is beyond fabulous. But then again, there isn't anything that David does that isn't fabulous!

I love artwork and if you have a closet that allows for it, why not prop it up on the shelf or hang it on the wall. I posted about this closet in November 2008 and it's still one of my all time favorite rooms. And thankfully, my readers let me know that it belongs to Belgian architect Vincent van Duysen. Just goes to show that not all Belgian design involves linen slipcovers!

This cute closet was one of my inspirations for the Bachelor's apartment and it's also still one of my favorites. Stefan at Architect Design just posted the rest of the apartment that was published in Metropolitan Home. May it rest in peace!

This closet was published in Domino and I feel like I should know who it belongs to but for the life of me, I can't remember so if anyone else does, let me know! Regardless, it makes me jealous that's it's so well organized!

Steven Gambrel is the master of detail and for the closet of one of his clients, he painted it dark and studded the trim. I bow down to the master over this one!

I wish I had a better photo of this closet that was and might possibly still be owned by Italian businessman Piers Guerci and was published in New York magazine in 2005. The elegance of this closet still haunts me! To see more, click here.

I'm loving the blue closets and Nate Berkus painted his in a lovely shade!

Then there is the red closet that color loving Miles Redd designed for one of his clients. Why not paint your closet a cheerful color that makes getting dressed in the morning a joy!

I don't know why it's easier to organize the closet of another but I loved changing all the Bachelor's hangers to matching wood. Now I just have to make mine look this good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment