Home » , , , , » The Fashion Issue

The Fashion Issue

I think my favorite month for magazines has to be September since they are all devoted to fashion. In the case of Elle Decor, we get to peek into the stylish homes of some of the top fashion designers and executives. The living room above belongs to Robert Duffy, the President of Marc Jacobs International who has been Marc's business partner since the beginning of the designer's career. You can think of then as the American version of Giancarlo Giammetti and Valentino.

I had a friend who used to work for Robert Duffy so it was fun for me to see into his Provincetown, Massachusetts home that I have heard so much about. It's a uniquely personal space that wavers from clean and spare, the influence of his architect Stephan Jaklitsch and designer Richard McGeehan, the same team behind the Marc Jacobs boutiques, to warm and collected. The library reminds me a little of his West Village home which is full of beautiful antiques. I think those who work in fashion have the most interesting homes that reflect their creative careers and they are also another example of how many different ways there are to dress your nest!

Photo by William Waldron courtesy of Elle Decor

0 comments:

Post a Comment